Happy 4th!

{Top: Jcrew Factory, Pants: Jcrew Cafe Capri in Geranium Lace, Belt: Jcrew, Necklace: Jcrew, Flats: Spain, Bag: Gift}

Happy 4th to all my blogging friends in the States! 

Tonight we are having an "American" celebration and partaking of "typical" American 4th cuisine -  hotdogs, potato chips, and funfetti cupcakes. (The funfetti cake mix is compliments of my mom - Spaniards are not bakers, so cake mixes are sort of non-existent here.)

In the past, my family always would take a vacation to the beach. We were one of the crazy families who couldn't wait to get to the beach during the 4th of July! My grandfather and grandmother would reserve a condo, and we'd all enjoy a week of beach, volleyball, putt-putt, and family time. Whenever my grandfather passed away 3 years ago, we just couldn't continue the tradition. It just felt weird without him, and even now, on the 4th, I always think back to all those years of memories. Thankful for his love and commitment to our family. We love you Papaw P!!




Pssssst: Shopping with M is having a giveaway at her blog! You could win a super cute clutch from Jcrew!!