Bug Zone & Some Elephants

If you are wondering about my title today, it does not correlate to my affinity for bugs. The last two weeks, hubby & I have been working with our church here in Spain doing an English Camp and VBS (vacation Bible school) for the kids in our town. Our theme was "Bug Zone". The week was packed full of craft time, games, a daily lesson, and a session with songs and puppets. 

We had almost 40 kids each day that came, so we had our hands full!

I helped with the craft time and learned some new Spanish vocabulary! If anyone wants to know the words in Spanish for glue or press down or tape, I'm your gal :)


We also got to practice our "theatre skills" during the week. Here the hubby and I doing a skit about baseball. We taught the kids how to play baseball, which many had never played before. Beisbol is not a big Spanish sport but by the end of the week the kids got the hang of it!


After each day, we would go out as a team and celebrate with lunch (it's the little things!). This day was my favorite lunch spot where I had an awesome salad with goat cheese, lentil soup, and perfect blueberry cheesecake. 


We also got to take A & T (two of our helpers) on a sight-seeing trip one afternoon. We went to Aranjuez, which is one (there are many!) of the summer palaces of the Royal Family. These places are just massive and unbelievable. I cannot fathom how people actually lived in places like these - they are just so huge!




While the last two weeks were extremely tiring, they were great to be able to teach the kids some English (we hope!), get to know the families better, and be encouraging to them. 

Next week, I hope to resume to the normal OOTD photo schedule. Have a great weekend!!

Outfit #1: Blue striped top - Jcrew, Green Cafe Capris - Jcrew, Necklace - Jcrew
Outfit #2: Muse Top - Jcrew, White Jeans - LEI, Necklace - Jcrew
Outfit #3: Casbah shirt - Jcrew, White Shorts - Jcrew, Flats - Spain
Outfit #4: Cardigan - Jcrew, Tank - H&M, Necklace - Jcrew

P.S. - You'll notice the Elephant necklace was worn a lot these last two weeks...it is by far one of my favorite necklaces right now. It is a great statement piece!! And I always find myself reaching for it. I highly recommend it.