Reviews & OOTD: 4/9 - Colored Jeans

I'm back from my blog-cation! We had a good time with my parents while they were here. It was their first trip EVER outside the US, so we made sure to plan lots of activities to see and experience the Spanish culture.

I received several Jcrew presents (!!!) and am eager to incorporate them into my future outfits. My mom had the help of a wonderful PS at the Greensboro, NC store help her out and pick some great items for me.

So today's outfit features two items that my mom brought: Toothpick Jeans in Garment Twill and Raindrop Lace top

Cardigan: Jcrew Cashmere (Warehouse sale find!)
Shirt: Jcrew Raindrop Lace top in Apricot Mist
Jeans: Jcrew Toothpick denim in Bright Spearmint
Flats: Pull & Bear
Locket: Jcrew
Glasses: Spain


Toothpick jeans: The color my mom picked out was Bright Spearmint. These are a great bright mint color and are a perfect pair to introduce me to the concept of wearing colored denim.
      Size & Fit: I think these run small in comparison to past Toothpick jeans. I have a pair of ankle Toothpick denim jeans and I took 3 sizes up from those. But I think two sizes up would do fine for most. They fit snug but not uncomfortable. They are tighter in the legs and calfs than hips and waist.
      Overall Opinion: I love these jeans. I have seen many blogs featuring these and the price is what steers many away. If you can find them on a sale or discount, I recommend them. If they drop on a sale, I might scoop up a pair in another color.



Raindrop Lace top: Oh. My. Goodness. LOVE this top!! I know I will wear and layer this many, many years to come. See Rynetta's review of this top too HERE. Her review made me fall in love.
       Color & Fit: I love the Apricot mist color. I am a big fan of neutrals with pops of color, so this color was a no-brainer for me; however, I do see how some people would steer away from it as it could wash you out. But I envision this top with some white jeans in the summer with a pair of espadrilles and a summer tan and it will be great! I took my normal Jcrew size in non-knit tops. The top hits right at my hip and will be great tucked in or left out (as in the OOTD above).
       Overall Opinion: Another classic great item from Jcrew. I had been looking for a nice lace layering shirt for my wardrobe and my wardrobe now rejoices. It will make many friends with my other items :)



Thank you as always for your blog love here at Crazy for Crew! Hope each of you have a great Monday!